Saturday, June 2, 2012

Flying at low altitude

In an earlier post I mentioned that, thanks to lack of funds and medical insurance, I have not been taking my thyroid medication or the megadoses of Vitamin D3 that transformed me from zombie to human being.

Like just before learning my diagnosis, I was dragging around, sleeping all the time, forgetting to eat, skipping showers, and even not bothering to change clothes. Then I discovered a lovely supplement that gives my body all kinds of goodies. I am awake again.

I learned the hard way that when replacing one vitamin with another supplement it is a good idea to remove the original pill from the mediset. I was bouncing off the walls -- a little hypomania. Okay, I felt good and I was definitely experiencing hypomania.

An additional benefit of taking the supplement is that I am beginning to lose weight again. Not a significant loss so far, but a clear downward trend. I had to find some smaller pants to wear to work. Today I was in danger of my pants falling down while I was showering one of my clients. Dropping my drawers is not a method I use to make my clients feel comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment