Sunday, September 2, 2012

My brain was vacuumed overnight

Now that it appears possible that I may be able to afford all my meds (just not all in the same month), I am trying to establish a minimum effective dosage. The Zoloft is best every day, the Lamictal works if only taken every other day, and the Zyprexa is the only unknown factor of my magic mind formula.

A couple of nights ago I took a dose of the Zyprexa and slept deeply. I had trouble awakening at my scheduled time, but managed to get up and muddle through the morning. What lovely, satisfying, issue resolving, liberating dreams I had! Such incredible cleansing sleep!

The down side is that it knocks me out and keeps me out for 10 - 12 hours. If I try to cheat myself of those hours of rest, I spend the day in zombie mode.

So frustrating! I am able to maintain employment, but mostly that is due to the fact that I work short shifts and can control the amount of stress to which I'm exposed. I'm almost in workaholic mode; if I'm offered hours, I almost always accept them. It's the only way I can afford meds. I'm in survival mode and that's enough stress.

But I do need that lovely nocturnal cleanse.

No comments:

Post a Comment