Saturday, March 17, 2012

Sometimes the worst is not inevitable

I've been juggling many things in my life. Finances are the most stressful right now. I've talked with a credit counselor and was advised to seek legal assistance. The counselor assured me that there was no longer any stigma attached to filing bankruptcy. But it still just doesn't sit right with me. I'll give it more thought.

Gloom and doom are plaguing me today. It's sunny outside and I have chosen to stay in my cave. I've actually done some work toward dejunking the place! But now I just feel weary.

Haven't been to church in a couple of weeks, but intend to go tomorrow. The topic is marriage. That's something I am now willing to accept into my life so I am especially interested in what might be said.

I binged on chocolate and drank too much coffee; however, I have been taking my meds as prescribed. And the chocolate was dark chocolate -- purely medicinal.

Short early morning shifts are wearing me out. Saturday and Sunday mornings while the rest of the world is sleeping in, I'm driving across town for a two hour shift that begins at 7:00 a.m. I am weary. Instead of being outside in the sunshine and joining in St. Patrick's Day celebrations, I just want to sleep, to pull the quilt up over my ears, close my eyes, and get aboard a comfy cloud.

I have a friend! It seems like I don't have to be lonely any more. I am so happy that I know her and that we are so similar. We giggle together, but are also not shy about confronting the other when necessary. I feel good!

Today I have a candle burning for my observance of the new moon. Sometimes, when I really need the grounding, I'll light the candle a few days before the new moon and light it afresh each day until a few days afterward. I need that grounding right now.

I'm starting to treat myself like I am my own client. It's time to be my own caregiver. The neglect is ending now.

No comments:

Post a Comment