Monday, August 13, 2012

Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance

I have an unstructured day and, as usually happens, I have been spending it following links...falling down rabbit holes. However, today I had a good idea and followed through!

The local chapter of NAMI has been on my radar. My reluctance to come out of the bipolar closet has kept me from looking at local support groups. But the time has come. I am not doing well. I know some people who are battling similar demons (demons isn't the best word choice, but it sure fits how I feel today), but it's time to enlarge my circle of mutual support. It's time to stand up and admit that I need the support, company, and friendship of other people.

The telephone call was made. Nope, own it. I called the contact person and asked for information regarding meetings. I've been exploring the website. The support group meets tomorrow night and I followed up by doing something that people who know me would find hard to believe. I called my scheduler and said that I will not be available for work assignments in the evening of the days that the support group meets.

Take a look: www.dballiance.org

HOORAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment