Thursday, September 8, 2011

Self-Doubt vs Reality

Today I am full of self-doubt and I began the day by beating myself up because I don't believe I performed well in my new job.  I don't need to dwell on this today (I can be more objective in a few days) so I'm using the white board beside my desk.  There are six questions that I believe I should answer before I can determine how well I performed my duties.

These are the questions I've written on the board:

1.  What was my duty?
2.  How (in what method) did I perform it?
3.  What could I have done differently?
4.  What will I do in the future?
5.  Does what I feel reflect reality?
6.  Have I received any feedback?

And I leave these questions alone.  I know that I'll be processing these as I go about the next day or so.   They are on the board so I will see them until I have found answers and recorded those answers on the board.  Just the act of writing these questions has lightened my mood a bit.

I got up (I am in an upright position, not in bed, not on the couch).
I got out (well, I will later when I run a scheduled errand).
I got on with it (I ate breakfast, took meds, have been puttering around doing small jobs, and am blogging).

Tabling my worry is a positive step in my self-care.  I will do the best I can today at other things trusting that I will be able to address these questions later, learn from my answers, and acknowledge that I did beneficial things, too.

Positive thing to do today:  Google bipolar 2 blogs and review them for helpful suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment