Thursday, December 29, 2011

New Year's Blues

Yep, I think I've got them. I Googled the phrase just to see what would come up. Now I know that I'm not alone.

But I think I'm developing New Year's ANGER and FRUSTRATION. Conversations I've had in the past year keep coming to mind.

There are three things that I have grown used to having in my life: low income, health problems, and being alone (not necessarily loneliness). I AM TIRED OF HAVING THESE THINGS IN MY LIFE!

No resolutions will be made at the new year, but I will begin welcoming these things into my life (without harm coming to anyone else and for the best good of all concerned): prosperity, good health, and the company of other people in the form of good friendships and a committed relationship with a good man.

I no longer have Christmas spirit so the few decorations I have will be going to Goodwill. Next December I will celebrate Winter Solstice. That celebration may be low key and personal. My son may come for dinner on December 25, but I am abandoning all other traditions.

January 1 will be spent in contemplating the upcoming year and setting intentions, not setting goals that are unreachable. Although I always wish that I will spend New Year's Eve with someone special, the truth is that it's not likely to happen; after 12 years I have little hope.

I won't wait until January 1. I embrace prosperity, good health, friendships, and the love of a good man who wants to build a life with me.

I'll take my meds, use my GLAD light, and continue to take other steps to move toward the life I want and I deserve.

Wow! Good for me!

ADDENDUM: 12/30 - Since writing this I was offered a chance to work a short shift on New Years Day. The pay is special rate (77% increase) plus overtime. I'm considering this the first sign of the prosperity that is in my life.

I also had a good chat with a friend and she validated many of the ideas that have been churning in my mind. I'm considering this the first sign of the true friendships that are in my life.

Can't wait to see what happens next!

No comments:

Post a Comment