Friday, December 23, 2011

Trigger Three Identified: Fatigue

I've been working hard and I've got the bruises, aches, and pains to prove it. I'm tired when I get home and I've messed up my sleep cycle by falling asleep early and waking up at odd hours of the night.

I'm also not taking my night meds regularly. I've heard my name a few times while working with my most challenging client. That's quite a barometer, but I have other ways to signal myself when I am experiencing too much stress. It seems to coincide with missing more than two doses in a row. Now that I'm back to sleeping in my bed (HOORAY!), I will move my evening mediset to my nightstand (next to where I place my glasses), put a reminder on my white board, and, since I'm reading in bed again, a nudging bookmark might be another good idea.

I haven't been using Moodscope lately either.

The positive things I'm doing for myself are eating nutritious food, only exceeding my caffeine limit a couple of days a week, and staying active (mostly through my job). I actually called a friend to share something I was happy about and we giggled like two schoolgirls, then trusted each other to allow expressions of concern about the things that we had shared.

I feel like such a silly old woman and that's a nice feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment