Friday, February 3, 2012

Ways I am not being true to myself.

Back to lessons I've learned from having encounters with my fellow humans...

If something is said to me that I choose to feel hurt about, in the past I have sometimes done or said something to them that I expect them to find hurtful. Then, whether or not the other party has expressed hurt, I apologize. The other party never does. I apologize because I think it is very important to acknowledge my own hurtful actions and try to make amends for them. I only want people in my life that share this value and I will let go of the hurt and move on.

I have been sick and I have been taking naps when the office is closed for the day. Today I began my nap after I got home, which was still during office hours. What a beautiful, deep sleep I experienced. I missed two calls asking me to substitute. I followed up and learned that someone else had been obtained. However, I still feel slight guilt that I was napping at a time when I needed to be on call.

I have a man in my mind. I should know better because this will probably not have a happy-ever-after ending. I first noticed him because he was alone and appeared to be hurting. Caregiving instincts kicked in. I also sensed that we had a lot in common and we do. This is not an auspicious start. I deserve someone who meets my "love" intentions and I won't settle for less.

No comments:

Post a Comment