Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Another step forward

I had hot beverages with a friend yesterday (notice that it wasn't coffee no matter how much I craved it).  She's the friend I can always giggle with.  No matter how serious our conversation, we always end up in giggles.  She expressed her support, brought me a lovely crocheted angel, and shared ideas that she thought would help.

I worked on watching the train go by yesterday -- my term for one of the DBT techniques.  Detaching myself from everything else happening and just being in now -- just not taking it all personally.  It helped keep negative thoughts at bay.

I analyzed my expenses yesterday and was objective.  I identified purchases that I didn't need to make and that really did not add to my life.  Nice proactive move on my part.

I have another day of meds under my belt.  I've set an alarm on my cell phone to prompt me to take my meds.  It worked today and last night.  Now I have a visual reminder - the mediset on or beside the computer -- and I've added sound.  That feels like another step in the right direction.

Emails from my doctor and other friends were also received yesterday and I feel blessed to have these wonderful people in my life.  And I told them so.

Today I work and I will put my feelings in a little unlocked silver box so that I can bring light to my client.
I will take another positive step toward getting myself back to where I want to be after I get back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment