Thursday, November 3, 2011

Being Patient With Myself

Remember how I mentioned that Moodscope (see my favorite links) is an incredible tool and even the daily reminders are wonderful?

Today's reminder was exactly what I needed -- recovery from a drop in mood takes time. Time to be patient with myself.

Still don't feel like smiling, but I have noticed that I've dropped more weight -- my jeans are hanging from my hips and the legs are loose. Twenty pounds has come off, which isn't really a bad thing. When I had the episode that led to my diagnosis, I dropped forty pounds in less than a month. My appetite is not good or I forget to eat, but I need to remind myself that although things are rough right now, they're not as bad as the Spring and Summer of 2010.

Working on gratitude today and not being judgmental. And sipping a chocolate (it is medicinal) shake.

No comments:

Post a Comment