Friday, November 11, 2011

I'm FREE!!

A couple of things today have really helped me feel lighter.

I observe the passage of the moon. At the new moon, I state an intention and light a candle; at the full moon, I express gratitude for whatever has transpired since the new moon -- whether or not it has anything to do with my intention. I light a candle at the time that I am setting an intention or expressing gratitude. Last night, when the candle exhausted itself, I breathed a giant sigh of relief. I had no idea why, but it felt good.

I watched "Groundhog Day" recently and have been considering what things I've kept doing over and if I can finally do them right so that I can progress.

I had a new client today. He is unable to speak, and is confined to bed. Communicating with him today was a real challenge. At one point, it appeared that he was about to spill his juice and I reached to put the cup back in an upright position. He would stare right at me and slant it until it almost spilled. He finally poured the juice out over his crotch. I didn't know what to make of his behavior. In the past, I would have found some way to blame myself. Instead, I called my supervisor, left a message describing the incident, and asked for her advice. I am strong and assertive now!

I am glad to be a crone! I am a menopausal, strong, wise, empathetic woman and I celebrate me! I am relieved to finally feel more in control of my own life. I consider the knowledge I have gained about myself through my diagnosis as wisdom that makes me stronger.

I am making progress. My mood feels like it is halfway between my lowest and highest points. It's so good to feel this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment